Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : N0SA Paddles
Reviews: 58MSRP: 290. USD
Description:
High quality dual and single lever paddles. Designed and built in the USA using a combination of CNC and manually operated machinery along with hand finishing and polishing to produce high performance CW instruments for the Ham radio community.

Contact: n0sa@att.net

Product is in production
More Info:
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
WA2T Rating: 2019-11-08
TPa Custom! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently saw a posting from Larry saying he had done a run of some TPa paddles and was making some more, think it was on QRZ. I had read reviews previously and contacted Larry about a TPa, but the well was dry at that time :-( So when I saw the posting, I immediately contacted Larry. I prefer my paddle finger pieces closely spaced, probably because I learned keying/keyer operation using a modified bug (so single lever). Anyway, Larry graciously agreed to build me a special TPa paddle with the finger pieces inside the levers. I was very pleased when I received the paddles, the workmanship is impeccable! The paddles are very nice to use, right up there with my Begali Stealth and Pearl paddles. I just contacted Larry again and asked about a pair of finger pieces which extend further downward as I tend to key (on the right side) with my both my fore and middle fingers. Again, Larry graciously agreed to make something special just for me! I am very pleased with my paddle thus far and feel lucky to have found the opportunity to own a TPa. I look forward to many happy years operating QRQ(ish) CW with my TPa. Thank you Larry!

Robert, WA2T
NU6I Rating: 2019-11-04
My best paddles Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought the SSP mini paddle from N0SA because of its
size but didn't expect too much maybe comparable to
the AME Porta paddle that I also have. Was I wrong!
There is a world of difference. The N0SA is such a high
precision and so smooth to operate. I was so pleased
and impressed that I ordered the TPa. Both amazing
paddles.

It is such a positive difference that I sold my Elecraft
KX2 paddle and my GHR. The TP4 will replace my two
Begalis which will be sold. This should show how good
the N0SA paddles are. Full disclosure, I am not a high
speed CW guy. 15wpm is really my max.
I'll keep my N3ZN-SL Jr but the N0SA is a notch better
in my opinion and both come with an excellent customer
service.

For portable I glued two small magnets on the side of
the SDD and two on the side of the KX2 and on my
MTR-3B. Smaller and faster install/removal than the
original KX2 paddle.
K4EQ Rating: 2017-08-06
Great Mini Paddle Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have a TP4 paddle made by Larry that I bought back in 2010, shortly after he stared making them. Last week I bought an SSP mini paddle from him to use when I'm portable with my QRP rigs. I love it. Despite the small size, it feels great while sending. Tension and spacing are easily adjustable. Plus, the price is right. This is another quality product from N0SA.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by K4EQ on 2010-10-14

I purchased the TP4 model because of the extra weight, but I got much, much more than I anticipated. This is the paddle I've waited for all my 50 years of hamming. It's a beautiful thing to behold, the quality is outstanding, and the feel while sending is incredible. It's effortless. You can pay two, maybe three times as much for a few other paddles but, in my opinion, you won't find a better one than this. You better buy one before Larry realizes the true value of the gem he makes.
KG9H Rating: 2017-07-31
WOW Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
So I saw the post and then reviews this site, how can any manufacturer have a 5.0?? Well... N0SA keys do that, exactly that.
I am very impressed with the paddle.
Can't say enough good things on how well it feels. It will be front and center by my K2. de KG9H
WJ1R Rating: 2017-07-14
Great Paddle Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased the K0SA SSP in 2015. It is a great dual lever iambic paddle with magnetic return for portable QRP use. It has the best feel of any of my portable QRP keys and is solidly constructed.

Unfortunately, Larry only makes these occasionally. I found out about mine when I saw an announcement on the QRP-L listserv that he was making a new batch. I paid $80 and it is worth every penny!
W9OD Rating: 2017-03-30
Too bad they aren't available anymore Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I was very lucky, about a month or two after I purchased my paddle, Larry stopped making them. They a a dream to use, I have had many keys and this little gem is not moving from my operating position. The key is small and heavy, it does not budge, I switch to other keys once in awhile and immediately return to th TP1. Among all of my keys, this is the tans out. If you get a chance to buy one, do it. If I find another one for sale I will buy it.
VK2BEN Rating: 2014-10-26
Impressive workmanship & 'feel' Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Many other reviews here articulate all the technical and physical nuances that Larry has brought to the humble Morse Paddle.

I have the ESP (Extra Small Paddle) for portable use; as well as the heavy base for home use (Larry devised a simple but effective slip-on arrangement to convert the former into a very usable home-base paddle).

I love the magnetic action and easy adjustments.

No springs. Just eternally smooth action.

And this thing is tiny. Plus, I could afford it ;-)

Please read all the other reviews here on eHam. They tell the story much better than I do. I'm just here to say that I really like Larry's work and that you might like to consider ordering one of his masterpieces in metal.

PS: his website appears to be MIA at the moment (October 2014).
W3KC Rating: 2014-10-17
TSP Single Lever Paddle Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Limited run TSP-a (with brass supports for the tension and contact screws and optional black steel base).
Small, precisely machined, easily adjusted.
Smooth operation with a very nice feel.
Base or portable - this paddle is little gem.
N7XM Rating: 2013-11-11
wonderful designs Time Owned: more than 12 months.
These are great paddles in compact
very precise design
I have the standard size and the traveling
mini iambic paddles both

Larry does great work !

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by N7XM on 2012-07-30

Recently got the ESP iambic paddle from Larry N0SA.
It's pretty tiny - but feels like a big precision
paddle - I have been pounding the holy brass for over half a century now - I am impressed with the
feel of this Tiny " GEM "- you have the option of a steel base OR use a very light weight base which you would attach to something - My intentions are using it for TRAVEL, but it will definitely see use from my home station. This is NOT a toy !
It's a precision iambic paddle with magnetic " springs ", with the ability to make very fine adjustments
to spacing and tension ! You will not be disappointed .
K6MJR Rating: 2013-10-08
True Works of Art!! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I feel that I am very fortunate to have recently acquired both a TP (S/N 138) and SP (S/N 139) paddles from Larry. I believe they are some of the last keys he has built. These are just wonderful precision instruments. Excellent fit, finish, and feel. I am very proud and honored to own these fine keys. If you are able to get your hands on one, you will be glad you did!